Prepare this easy tomato and old cheddar croutons recipe, sprinkled with Bacon Pepper from Les Épices du Guerrier. Perfect for any aperitif !
- 4 juicy Italian tomatoes, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Fresh basil
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cup grated old cheddar cheese
- Bacon Pepper
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, salt, sugar, olive oil, basil and garlic. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spread dijon mustard on the dough, and top with grated cheese.
- Add tomato slices, overlapping slightly.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling generous amounts of Bacon pepper on top!
Have you tried this recipe ? Feel free to send us your creations on our social media !